ON THE FRONT PAGE THIS WEEK:
P THE BYC 2010 2ND INATI BAY RELAXING RAFT UP IS COMING. Once again, you, your friends and your family are invited…to come to Inati Bay. Our 2nd Cruise starts July 10th (officially) to our outstation, Inati Bay but….it is probable that some boats will arrive Friday night, July 09th.
This cruise will evolve, meaning that who ever shows up will be participating. There is no formal schedule, this is just a raft up for fun, and here is what will most likely occur:
- Friday & Saturday – Boats away from Bellingham and over to Inati Bay.
- For those of you who can make it Friday night – it is likely there will be a beach fire and with great stories or some music. Maybe s’mores!
- Saturday morning (at a time when everyone is ready) – a Potluck Breakfast. Now this might be on the boats, it might be on the shore, but wherever, its is having a good time with your friends from the Bellingham Yacht Club.
- Saturday afternoon (or late morning, whenever) – Play on the beach. Maybe hikes on Lummi, maybe a little napping, maybe sitting in the sun.
- Saturday night – Beach Fire.
- Sunday – well, Sunday we will head back home, but probably not before another potluck, hike, beach relaxing…..
If you have not ever been to one of the Bellingham Yacht Clubs raft ups at Inati Bay, now is your chance. There is no formality. It is a great nearby location for family and boating fun. It might be 5 boats, it might be 50, but head on over! For Information Contact John Gargett, 656-5700, firstname.lastname@example.org.
P Isn’t our landscaping great? Thank Carol Snowball for that, she’s the one who has designed and contributed much of what you see, and cares rfor it week after week…and of course, husband Bob is a terrific supporter and member of the BYC Race Committee. Next time you see Bob or Carol, thank them for all they do.
P THERE ARE STILL CHAIRS AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO MEMORIALIZE YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR BYC SUPPORT. If we can sell eight more chairs, it could help us make a number of still-needed improvements, or simply pay down our Club mortgage. Call Joe Coons at 360-739-1528 for details. By the way, it’s a great way to memorialize a beloved boater!
P THIS WEEK: Casual dining on Wednesday, catered by Windows on the Bay. Racing as usual. Racing calendars are here. Bar opens at 8:00 on Tuesdays and at 5 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday. This Friday there are nice meals being catered by our Windows on the Bay friends. Give them a try…