Please note the updated dial and log in information below.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is pleased to announce the meeting of the Interagency Committee on Smoking and Health in accordance with section 10(a) (2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92–463) as listed in the Federal Register
You are invited to participate in a webinar of the Interagency Committee on Smoking and Health
(ICSH) meeting scheduled for next Tuesday, May 13, 2014.
The topic of the meeting is ‘‘50 Years of U.S. Tobacco Control’’ and will provide a review of the recently released Surgeon General’s Report on the Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress—leading to a discussion of what it will take to end the tobacco epidemic.
WHEN AND WHERE:
Time and Date:
9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., EST
Date: May 13, 2014
Ronald Reagan International Trade Center, Polaris Suite, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, Telephone: (202) 312–1300
There will be an opportunity to make a public comment at 3:00 p.m. EST.
- In person: This event is open to the public with limited seating. To attend in person register with Ms. Monica Swann via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via webinar, dial and log information follows:
Conference number: PW2266541
Participants can join the event directly at:
Toll Free Telephone: (800) 779-1088
Audience passcode: 4863751
If you are unable to participate a summary will be posted here
within 90 days of the meeting.
The Acting Surgeon General is the Chair of the Committee, with Simon McNabb, Senior Policy Advisor, Office on Smoking and Health, as the Designated Federal Official. The ICSH is composed of 21 members from 10 federal agencies
and five public members.
This important committee advises leadership at the highest levels of government on:
- Coordination of research, educational programs, and other activities within HHS that relate to smoking and health, and;
- Coordination of these activities with other Federal, State, local, and private agencies
The committee also establishes and maintains liaisons with appropriate private entities, other Federal agencies, and State and local public agencies on smoking and health activities.
- RADM Boris D. Lushniak, MD, MPH, Acting U. S. Surgeon General
- Tim McAfee, MD, MPH, Director, Office on Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jonathan M. Samet, M.D., M.S., Director, University of Southern California Institute for Global Health, Professor and Flora L. Thornton Chair, Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Robert N. Proctor, MS, PhD, Professor of the History of Science, Stanford University
- Kenneth E. Warner, PhD, Avedis Donabedian Distinguished University Professor of Public Health, Professor, Health Management & Policy, University Michigan School of Public Health
- David T. Levy, PhD, Professor, Population Sciences, Department of Oncology, Georgetown University
- Matthew L. Myers, President of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Ruth Malone, PhD RN, Professor and Chair, Department of Social & Behavioral Sciences, University of California, San Francisco
If you need more information contact Monica Swann using the information below.
Monica Swann, MPM, MBA
Office on Smoking and Health
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
395 E Street SW
Patriots Plaza, Room 9167
Washington, DC 20024