We would like to remind you to submit your feedback on the Proposed New Goals (i.e., called “ends” in the Board’s governance language) for NAQC by May 27th.
Experience has shown that the current goals (learn more here - http://www.naquitline.org/?page=MissionGoals
) are aspirational for the field but are largely beyond NAQC’s control. The Board plans to replace the current goals with outcomes that are important to members, of great benefit to members and the quitline community, and within the control of NAQC (i.e., outcomes that are feasible for NAQC to achieve). We will need your help with ensuring that the new goals are aligned with and meet your current and future needs!
After considering the broad scope of activities that NAQC has undertaken to help advance the quitline community, the Board proposes the following:
The Board requests your feedback on the proposed goals by May 27th
|Goals for NAQC
- Members will have the knowledge and skills they need to adapt quitlines in a rapidly changing environment.
-Knowledge and skills may vary by type of member
-Innovations will be important for adapting to the rapidly changing environment
- There will be strong support for quitlines among government agencies, voluntary organizations (i.e., civil society) and the private sector, resulting in effective services and increased consumer demand.
- Members will have a forum for networking, problem solving, and information exchange that is well utilized and influential.
- To ensure continuous quality improvement of quitlines:
-Members will be aware of and adopt up-to-date quality standards developed and disseminated by NAQC to advance access to and effectiveness of quitlines.
-NAQC will advance key strategies and important innovations at the national level.
- Members will use quitlines in ways that help address disparities and reach priority populations.
- Members will contribute to and benefit from the partnerships that NAQC develops and advances for the purposes of guiding, promoting and sustaining the work of quitlines.
. It would be most helpful if you would please indicate:
-You overall impression of the goals
-Your ideas for revising the proposed goals
- Changes in language
Please send your feedback to Board@naquitline.org
On behalf of the entire Board, I thank you for your consideration of this request and for your many contributions to NAQC!
Linda A Bailey
President & CEO