27 August 2020 | 8pm (SGT)
Open to all
Watch it live on SBC Facebook, YouTube and website
We are now one day away from the first-ever Singapore Literature Prize (SLP) virtual awards ceremony. COVID-19 means we can’t have canapes together, but you can still organise an SLP viewing party and invite your family and friends over (max 5!). We’ve got a great recipe to help you and your guests enjoy the whole event!
3 genres of Poetry, Creative Nonfiction and Fiction
36 judges sourced from 9 cities, separated into 12 categories
47 writers, seasoned with sensitivity
52 books, unwrapped and handled with care
6 servings of #AtHomeWithSLP multilingual discussions
4 dozen quotes from writers on #WhyWeWrite
1. Whisk together 47 writers and 36 judges until they are blended.
2. Mix in #AtHomeWithSLP discussions to evenly coat dish with four languages.
3. Bring to boil and simmer until the dish is tender.
4. Season with personal quotes on #WhyWeWrite.
5. Place in SBC oven until the timer goes off at 27 August 2020, 8pm (SGT).
6. Serve and enjoy!
To augment your SLP experience with each serving, we have also provided a special ceremony booklet here that you can read at your leisure.
We look forward to seeing you online this Thursday!