Thank You for a Record-Setting 2013
Nearly a month later, new amazing stories from Gen Con Indy 2013 still are coming to light, and the Gen Con team loves to hear them!
Here are some quick facts about Gen Con Indy 2013:
* More than 49,000 people attended the convention with attendees from all 50 states and more than a dozen countries.
* Visit Indy, Indianapolis' tourism marketing organization, accounts that Gen Con Indy 2013 drove in more than $47 million to the local economy, second only to the city's lone Super Bowl.
* Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana, the official charity of Gen Con Indy 2013, received $23,651.97 from numerous on-site charity events, including Cardhalla, Ace of Aces, the Balloon Sculptor "Slaying of the Creature," the charity auction, Paizo Publishing's auction event, and Mayfair Games' Star Trek Catan Warp Speed Charity Tournament.
* A record number of events (more than 12,000) were offered.
* A record number of exhibitors, 368, participated in the Exhibit Hall in 2013.
* Wizards of the Coast debuted their highly anticipated first D&D Next product- Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle.
* The annual Blood Drive netted 59 units of blood. Thanks to everyone who took part!
* Mayfair Games set an official Guinness World Record with 922 participants playing the same game of Catan in their Big Game.
2013 Survey, Part 1
Gen Con needs your feedback!
This year, Gen Con will offer three short surveys to attendees to get a better sense of who attendees are and what they thought about Gen Con Indy 2013. The first survey is intended to get general user demographic feedback, i.e. where people live, what are their gaming interests, and what is their general Gen Con history.
Important note: Gen Con will not share individual survey results. Also, Gen Con will give away 2014 badges via random selection to four survey participants.*
To take the survey, click here. Please feel free to share the link (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/genconsurvey) with your friends!
The second and third surveys will be released in the coming weeks and will ask more detailed questions about housing, travel, events, on-site experiences, and general feedback. The team has decided to release three surveys, a change from prior years, to decrease the survey time needed to complete each survey and increase completion rates.
Gen Con Indy 2013 in 25 Minutes
If you missed Gen Con Indy 2013 or want a great recap of the energy and excitement of the convention, official correspondent Bill Cavalier has got it covered. With video coverage throughout the weekend, you can see Gen Con Indy from a number of exclusive vantage points as well as check out interviews with luminaries of the game industry.
You can sample the first video (Wednesday Pre-Show coverage) by clicking the picture below. Be sure to review the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday coverage as well!