Well, it’s the last newsletter of this Australian financial year. Our business is a year older and wiser, and I am definitely a bit greyer. In fact I found my first grey hair on a place which was not my head just two days ago and I did not feel dignified, but just really old.
Anyway, I’m not sure what you learned in the last fiscal year, but here are a few things that come to mind for me.
1) Now is a great time to book December holiday plans. This is one of the best pieces of advice I ever got, and it always has paid off in my increasing sense of smugness over the Christmas period, and that’s not just because I’m celebrating eight nights of Hanukkah.
2) The 2018-19 financial year was all about mouthfeel for me. Tied for first place are breadcrumbs on pasta and tamari almonds with Pretzels. Pure alchemy of textures when you get the ratio right, but don’t overdo it!
3) You cannot beat red light cameras on turn signals. Just don’t try. Sit it out and wait the next round, it’s a rigged game.
4) The End of History Illusion is real.
5) Our team and our artists are really great people. I enjoy working for and with them, and hope to rock it for another four quarters. Go on, have a look and see for yourself.
(PS - the podcast is back! go on and have a listen!)