Bike the Barns Driftless
This spectacular fundraising bicycle tour travels through the forested hillsides and rolling farmland of the lovely Driftless area while raising awareness and membership for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). Bike the Barns generates funding for the Coalitionâ€™s work, including the Partner Shares Program, a cost-share initiative to improve accessibility to fresh, local produce for limited-income families.
Participants in Bike the Barns Driftless will enjoy a scenic day of biking to local farms and eating artisan dishes prepared fresh, courtesy of Rooted Spoon Culinary. The ride starts and ends in Viroqua, WI, and visits Ridgeland Harvest and Driftless Organics farms.
CLICK FOR DETAILS
Join the Fun!
- Enjoy cycling through the rolling countryside
- Connect with local farms â€“ Farm Tours offered at each stop!
- Bring fresh, local food to families in need by raising pledges to support our work
- All riders receive a commemorative 2014 ride t-shirt
Riders are invited to raise pledges to accompany their registration donation which will benefit FairShareâ€™s overall work and our Partner Shares Program, connecting more low-income households with CSA farms and increasing access to fresh, local food.
Want to help, but not sure you want to ride?
- Sign-up to volunteer for the event by managing a water stop, serving meals, or offering support at the farm stops
- Make a donation to FairShare by donating to a riderâ€™s pledge page, or to the â€œCarrot Cruiserâ€ â€“ FairShareâ€™s Ghost Rider pledge-raiser
FairShare CSA Coalition creates strong, healthy communities by rebuilding inclusive local food systems. Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) fosters connections between consumers, their farmers, and the land. We envision a future where small-scale organic farms can make a living, where consumers of all income levels have access to local, fresh food, and where these relationships improve communitiesâ€™ connection to the environment.