This July, treatment specialists, support organizations, advocacy groups and affected individuals and families are joining forces to encourage awareness and prevention of cleft and craniofacial conditions. The American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association (ACPA) and the Cleft Palate Foundation (CPF) will work together to promote awareness throughout July, and we need your help to spread the word as much as possible.
Here are some ways you can join us in promoting awareness this July:
Stay tuned to our social media outlets for updates from ACPA and CPF and to hear what others are doing nationwide. Visit the National Cleft & Craniofacial Awareness & Prevention Month (NCCAPM) website to learn about member organizations and download graphics for your own use.
- Social Media
- Email email@example.com with “Your Cleft Story” - tell us why you work in this profession - and we will share them on the ACPA blog, website and in emails in July and throughout the year.
- CPF will be sharing pictures and stories from patients and families with the social media world. Please spread the word with your patients – they can send a picture and brief caption or context to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit the CPF Facebook page.
- Follow CPF (Facebook, Twitter) and ACPA (Facebook, Twitter) and share our posts with your friends.
- Make a donation or hold a local fundraising activity to benefit CPF. In the past we’ve received generous contributions from golf tournaments, dance contests, bake sales, birthday parties, lemonade stands… and the list goes on. We can help make your idea for a fundraiser happen. Email email@example.com for fundraising assistance.
- Make Cleftline brochures to available in your office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information
Please tell us about your activities so we can feature you online. Please email email@example.com with any questions or comments. We can’t wait to hear how you’re building awareness!