Here are 10 things I thought were worth sharing this week:
- Why is the first draft always perfect? Because it only has to exist.
- I really enjoyed Oliver Sacksâ€™ memoir, On The Move. (My friends are reprinting his favorite t-shirt.)
- Before you respond, give it five minutes.
- How Jasper Johns said no. (See also: How to graciously say no to anyone.)
- A John Cage-inspired flowchart.
- The saga continues: how I met world-class violinist Vijay Gupta.
- Eye candy: the GoPro that fell to Earth and the woodcuts of Felix Vallotton.
- Ear candy: Mitsuko Uchida playing Mozart, New Orderâ€™s â€œThieves Like Us,â€ and Sasha Frere-Jones' Perfect Recordings.
- Kirby Ferguson has remastered his classic web series Everything Is A Remix.
- The Steal Like An Artist Journal is a few weeks away from being releasedâ€”if you order your copy before October 6, my publisher will send you a free pen! (I'm doing an early stop in Chapel Hill this weekend. See more tour dates.)