The Keep Going tour continues! Tonight: Cleveland. Next week: Chapel Hill, Atlanta, and Nashville. More upcoming dates here. (Scroll down for t-shirts!)
Here are 10 things I thought were worth sharing this week:
Thanks for reading. If you like this newsletter and want to support it, forward it to someone who’d like it or, even better, buy them a book!
- When you’re on the road, you need a portable routine.
- How young people can help you hold on to your curiosity as you age.
- Diary of a song: How Lizzo made “Juice.” (This is some major Show Your Work! nerdery for music lovers.) You can see the rest of the series here.
- The legend of Keanu Reeves.
- Travel tip: take a picture of your hotel room number.
- Tomorrow is Independent Book Store Day, and some participating stores are giving away free Overheard on the Titanic prints. Find an indie near you and go support it!
- The art of redaction.
- Getting my photo taken by Clayton Cubitt was a highlight of last year. For a limited time, you can commission him to take your portrait, too!
Ear & eye candy Soul food: I highly, highly recommend seeing the Aretha Franklin documentary Amazing Grace.
- RIP Rhino Records whiz Gary Stewart.
If you’re seeing this newsletter for the first time, you can subscribe here.
PS. Only a few days left to get a Keep Going t-shirt or sweatshirt!