Here are 10 things I thought were worth sharing this week:
- â€œBe helpful,â€ and other tips on building a personal network.
- A lifetime of sketchbooks. (Added to my collection of cool notebooks.)
- Books as an external hard drive for your mind.
- Marshall McLuhan on his writing process.
- Amanda Palmer on her anxiety around being both an artist and a mother. (I sent her a list of my favorite books about art and motherhood.)
- What do you do when your son wants to be Bob Dylan? You give him a chance. (Found in the book Dylan Goes Electric!)
- Ear candy: I'm loving the new albums by soulful, punky rock and rollers Royal Headache and my old favorite Yo La Tengo.
- Eye candy: a drone pilot spots a man sunbathing on top of a 200 foot wind turbine.
- It looks like I might be moving to a new studio in the near future. For inspiration, Iâ€™ve been browsing my collection of artist and writer work spaces.
- I held The Steal Like An Artist Journal in my hands for the first time a few days ago and it is so cool. I'm truly excited for it to drop in October. You can pre-order it here and be sure to check the fall tour dates to see if Iâ€™m coming to your town.