If all goes well, Iâ€™ll be in GdÃ¡nsk, Poland when you get this. Next week Iâ€™ll be in Forth Worth, then Nashville and Los Angeles. (See the tour schedule.)
Here are 10 things I thought were worth sharing this week:
Mini tour diary: Last weekend at Flyleaf Books, I told a young lady named Nancy how much I liked the comic strip Nancy, and then I felt sort of dumb, but yesterday she messaged me that she was now obsessed with it. Fun things happen on tour!
- I made a new video showing how to make a newspaper blackout poem.
- Everyone lies about writing.
- How to teach students the power of patience.
- Selfies have killed more people this year than sharks. (Personally, I'm a fan of selfies.)
- The evolving obituary.
- I drew a documentary about the writer Wendell Berry.
- Art critic Dave Hickey's book about taste, Pirates and Farmers.
- Bootleg movie posters from Ghana.
- Listening pleasures: the band Deerhoof vs. the Large Hadron Collider and I still can't get enough of this Royal Headache record.
- Thoughts on authenticity from the documentary The Search for General Tso.
PS. Last week I was too enthusiastic and put an exclamation point in the subject line, so if you didn't get last week's newsletter, check your spam folder.