|Niagara Falls City Council held an emergency meeting on Friday, March 20, 2020 to address the City's response efforts to COVID-19. The following motions were made:
The following payment mitigation measures were approved:
- Waive penalty charges for current year taxes (billed in 2020) until June 30th
- Waive penalty charges for current year water bills (billed in 2020) until June 30th
- Waive penalty charges for current year accounts receivable (billed in 2020) until June 30th
- Continue to process Pre-Authorized Payments for taxes and water
- No penalties for ratepayers for withdrawing from Pre-Authorized Payments until June 30th
- No Not Sufficient Funds charges for payments that are returned until June 30th
- No disconnection of water services to June 30th
The Delegation of Authority Bylaw was approved:
- The Delegated Authority has been appointed to the Mayor and CAO jointly.
Electronic Meetings Motion:
- The Bylaw amending the Procedural Bylaw allowing for electronic meetings was discussed by Council. Electronic meeting procedures at fully open Council meetings only when a Provincial or Municipal State of Emergency has been declared was approved.
- Staff will bring back a report with technical details.
City's Response to COVID-19 Resource Section:
- For the most up to date information and more on the City’s efforts to combat the spread of COVID-19, including impacted City services, facility closures, and public health resources, please visit https://niagarafalls.ca/covid19.