You may have spotted that our usually prompt weekly newsletter did not arrive in your inboxes this week! Due to The BRIT Awards falling on a Tuesday this year, we had to postpone it slightly and bring you a shortened version. But it's finally here and that's all that matters! Read on for quick updates on a selection of our fantastic artists.
- Paul's latest album 'Kisses On The Bottom' has achieved a Top 10 position in the US album charts and Number 1 on the US Jazz charts.
- This week, Paul has announced that he will play one of the Teenage Cancer Trust shows at the Royal Albert Hall on March 29th. Tickets go on sale tomorrow!
The BRIT Awards 2012
- What an amazing evening on Tuesday! The performances, we're sure you'll agree, were just brilliant (watch them over at www.vevo.com), and this year's show marked a huge peak in viewing figures - over 7 million people tuned into watch the awards, making it the most watched BRIT Awards since 2005!
- A huge congratulations to Adele for picking up the MasterCard Album Of The Year award, and it's great to see so many of the performers' and nominees riding high in the iTunes chart!
- A busy, busy week for James. After hosting the 2012 BRIT Awards on Tuesday, this Saturday marks his final show in the West End, before he heads to Broadway in April.
- Check out the cover of The Sunday Telegraph's Seven Magazine - it's a good one!
- Tonight Imitate Modern presents the private viewing of Hollywood's most controversial photographer, Tyler Shields. 'Beyond The Gates' features his muse and girlfriend, Francesca Eastwood, in a stunning collection of work.
- Check out www.imitatemodern.com for more details.
- The boys are straight in at Number 5 in the US iTunes chart and Number 1 in the Canadian iTunes chart with 'Glad You Came'. It may have something to do with the Glee Cast performing their No.1 UK single on a recent episode!
- They are currently on their UK tour which arrives in London on March 3rd, when they perform at The O2 Arena.
- Ronan has finished up his tour of Australia and New Zealand and is now back home in Ireland. However, he's not stopping for long, as he will continue work on his new album, due for release later in the year
Dry the River
- Keep your eyes peeled around Shoreditch today for some very special posters that allow passers by to sample songs from Dry the River's forthcoming debut album 'Shallow Bed'.
- If you can't make it out East though you can sample the album though this very cool interactive book on Youtube.
- New single 'The Chambers & The Valves' is out on Monday and debut album 'Shallow Bed' is out March 5th
Benjamin Francis Leftwich
- Last night Benjamin played to a sold-out crowd at London's Shepherd's Bush Empire as he continues his UK tour.
- Tomorrow he will be in the Radio 1 Live Lounge with Fearne Cotton! Tune in to hear Benjamin play his new single 'Pictures' which is out this week, plus a very exciting cover!
Two Door Cinema Club
- Alex, Sam and Kev have been touring the country over the past couple of weeks as they headline the NME Awards Tour, but their reign of sold-out shows is almost at an end as they roll into Brixton Academy this Saturday.
- Recently announced as Honeyfest, with Damon Albarn's Dr Dee project to headline, the festival's had a name change, and some more additions to it's line up! In association with BBC Introducing, they have a second stage with a whole host of new acts.
- For information on who's playing (inc. our own Dry the River) visit onefestuk.com.
- Rosie & Ben made their debut red carpet appearance at the BRITs on Tuesday, and are featured in NME's Buzz section this week too.
- Meanwhile, there's an amazing shoot in Rollacoaster and Paul Lester picked them for New Band Of The Day last week.
- The guys have been having a great time on tour with The Wanted working their way towards London's O2 Arena on March 3rd.
- Keep up to date with all the gossip on their Twitter page.
- Little Comets have an exclusive announcement in Fake DIY Magazine which comes out tomorrow (Friday) so make sure you get a copy!
- This week Morning Parade announced a US tour with The Kooks and a set of SXSW shows.
- Check their website for full tour dates.
27/02 - Dry the River - The Chambers & The Valves (S)
05/03 - Dry the River - Shallow Bed (A)
05/03 - Morning Parade - Morning Parade (A)
05/03 - BIGkids - Drum In Your Chest (S)
25/03 - Charlie Simpson - Farmer And His Gun (EP)
02/04 - Bombay Bicycle Club - How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep? (S)
16/04 - Oberhofer - Time Capsules II (A)
Live Shows (A to Z by artist)
Benjamin Francis Leftwich
23/02 - Manchester Academy 2 - Manchester
24/02 - ABC2 - Glasgow
26/02 - Limelight - Belfast
09/03 - Club NME @ KOKO - London
21/03 - Corn Exchange - Ipswich
22/03 - KOKO - London
24/03 - Academy 2 - Birmingham
25/03 - Academy - Liverpool
27/03 - Academy 2 - Sheffield
28/03 - University - Newcastle
30/03 - Liquid Rooms - Edinburgh
31/03 - Fat Sams - Dundee
02/04 - Pyramids Centre - Portsmouth
03/04 - Solus - Cardiff
05/04 - Princess Pavillion - Falmouth
06/04- The Phoenix - Exeter
Dry the River
01/03 - In-store - Banquet - Kingston
03/03 - In-store - Sound Knowledge - Marlborough
05/03 - In-store - Rise - Bristol
06/03 - In-store - Rough Trade East - London
08/03 - In-store - Spillers - Cardiff
09/03 - In-store - Fopp - Manchester
17/04 - Bodega Social Club - Nottingham
18/04 - Clwb Ifor Bach - Cardiff
19/04 - Academy - Manchester
21/04 - Cafe Drummond - Aberdeen
22/04 - King Tuts - Glasgow
23/04 - Limelight - Belfast
24/04 - Cyprus Avenue - Cork, Ireland
25/04 - Whelans - Dublin
27/04 - Brudnell Social Club - Leeds
28/04 - The Cluny - Newcastle
30/04 - Fleece - Bristol
02/05 - Electric Ballroom - London
12/05 - Norwich Arts Centre - Norwich
27/02 - 'Childish Things' at New Theatre, Oxford
20/04 - Oran More - Glasgow
21/04 - Academy 2 - Manchester
22/04 - Cockpit - Leeds
23/04 - Academy 2 - Birmingham
25/04 - Scala - London
26/04 - Arts Centre - Norwich
27/04- The Haunt - Brighton
06/03 - Heaven - London
27/03 - Cargo - London
29/03 - Teenage Cancer Trust - Royal Albert Hall - London
04/06 - Queen's Diamond Jubilee
Two Door Cinema Club
Headlining NME tour
23/02 - Dome - Brighton
25/02 - O2 Academy - Brixton, London
The Wanted w/ Lawson & Fanfair supporting
23/02 - Motorpoint Arena - Cardiff
24/02 - Echo Arena - Liverpool
25/02 - Newcastle Arena, Newcastle
27/02 - SECC, Glasgow
28/02 - AECC - Aberdeen
01/03 - LG Arena - Birmingham
02/03 - International Centre - Bournemouth
03/03 - 02 Arena - London
05/03 - Brighton Centre - Brighton
06/03 - BIC - Bournemouth
08/03 - Odyssey Arena - Belfast
09/03 - 02 Arena - Dublin
23/06 - Croke Park - Dublin
14/05 - Metro Radio Arena - Newcastle
15/05 - Echo Arena - Liverpool
17/05 - Motorpoint Arena - Cardiff
19/05 - Motorpoint Arena - Sheffield
20/05 - LG Arena - Birmingham
22/05 - Capital FM Arena - Nottingham
23/05 - O2 Arena - London
26/05 - MEN Arena - Manchester
27/05 - SECC - Glasgow
05/06 - Capital FM Arena - Nottingham
07/06 - 02 Arena - London
08/06 - LG Arena - Birmingham
09/06 - MEN Arena - Manchester
11/06 - Motorpoint Arena - Cardiff
12/06 - Motorpoint Arena - Sheffield
13/06 - Echo Arena - Liverpool
15/06 - Metro Radio Arena - Newcastle