Thank you for your participation at the Open Education Global Conference held in Banff, Alberta, Canada, on April 22-24, 2015. Co-organized with the Athabasca University, the Conference brought together academics, professionals, researchers, students and policy makers from more than 30 countries around the world.
All presentation slides and papers are being uploaded on the conference website. If you presented but did not leave your slides with us please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected papers from the Conference were published in the latest issue of the Open Praxis journal. Published papers can be accessed here.
Please take a couple of minutes to fill out the conference evaluation form. Your feedback will help us plan the next Open Education Global Conference. If you have any questions concerning the conference, please send an email to email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you again at the Open Education Global Conference 2016. For information about the Open Education Global Conference 2016 please scroll down.
2015 Elections – New Board Members of the Open Education Consortium
Elected to the Board of Directors are:
1. Yin-Nan Huang, Taiwan Open Course Consortium
2. Bakary Diallo, The African Virtual University
3. James Glapa-Grossklag, College of the Canyons
4. Stavros Panagiotis Xanthopoylos, ABED, Brazilian Association for
5. Willem van Valkenburg, Delft University of Technology
6. Sorel Reisman, MERLOT
Full election results together with an overview of the election process can be accessed here. Congratulations to our new board members.
James Glapa-Grossklag, College of the Canyons & Community College Consortium for OER (CCCOER), has been elected as the President of the Board. Congratulations! For the full list of current Open Education Consortium Board members please click here.
We would also like to take an opportunity to thank Murilo Matos Mendoça from UNISUL, Brazil, for his invaluable contribution while serving on the board of directors for two terms between 2011 and 2015.
Open Education Consortium Bylaws updated
The Open Education Consortium Bylaws have been updated to reflect the following two changes approved by the vote of the general membership:
1. To expand the number of members of the board of directors and allow these additional seats to be appointed – approved
2. To allow election results to be weighted for the purpose of ensuring international diversity on the board of directors – approved
The bylaws can be viewed or downloaded here.
Open Education Consortium: 4th Quarterly membership meeting
The Open Education Consortium will host its 4th quarterly membership meeting on June 16th at 16:00 UTC/GMT and on June 17th at 8:00 UTC/GMT. The quarterly membership meetings provide a venue for members to hear about the Consortium’s and Members’ activities, interact with open education professionals from around the world, discuss topics of common interest and get feedback and input from other members. Members have the opportunity to suggest topics for the calls and to request a short time to present their work or important issues in open education worldwide.
For more information on how to participate and the meeting agenda please click here.
New Open MOOCs now open for registration on OECx
Three new Open MOOCs, starting in July 2015, are now available for registration under the Consortium's area on edX: https://www.edx.org/school/oecx
1. The Biology of Water and Health - Part 1 - (starting July 7, 2015)
2. Responsabilidad Social Corporativa y su impacto sobre la Gestión de la Tecnología de la Información - (starting July 7, 2015)
3. Effects of Radiation: An Introduction to Radiation and Radioactivity - (starting July 14, 2015)