In just 9 months we will gather in Salt Lake City. There are already more than 3500 of us who are part of this global community "Reclaiming the Heart of our Humanity." The excitement is building!
You are not just friends- but partners with the Parliament in the interfaith movement.
We became partners when you chose to register for the Parliament before anyone else did. You believed in us and we are thankful for you.
We also believe that you have deep trust in the interfaith movement.
Here is an ask that is reasonable and very doable.
Could you just convince two more persons among your friends to register for this historic Parliament?
Just two more persons each and we will meet our target.
Here is what you need to tell them:
- Hate, anger and fear is rising in our country. That is the reason people of love must rise with stronger relationships. The Parliament will not only have scholars like the Dalai Lama, Karen Armstrong and others speaking on war, violence and hate speech, but we will have a joint declaration on this critical issue before we all make commitments to what we will be doing to counter it.
- Isn't it sad that our President had to argue in America that all science is pointing towards catastrophic climate changes? We will not only have Nobel Laureates and activists addressing this topic, but will have declarations and commitments to take charge of our future.
- The Interfaith movement is doubling and tripling itself. How will we help the interfaith movement deliver results for humanity? We will have international and national leaders of interfaith, and also grassroots activists dwelling on this topic. We will also have a whole track of trainings, workshops and panels in these areas throughout the Parliament.
Here are the tools which we can provide you to engage two more persons to attend the Parliament:
- If you would like to have a set of 3 emails which you can send to your friends with your customization, we can provide you those.
- We can also send small flyers via snail mail which you can give out at like-minded events.
- We are also preparing to publish a 24-page booklet explaining interfaith, the Parliament and our mission. Please pre-book how many of these free booklets you can use to distribute in your community and congregation. We can provide you as many copies as you need.
- If you get your friends consent, we can add their names to our newsletter which has become a major source for the interfaith movement.
BUT PLEASE HURRY TO GET TWO FRIENDS ON BOARD:
REGISTRATION EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS END MARCH 31
The current early bird discount for Parliament registration will end March 31. This is a great time to invite your friends, colleagues and communities to join you in Salt Lake City. Or to encourage those who cannot attend to support them by providing financial assistance.
Looking for your wisdom
We know that everyone who attends the Parliament has wisdom to share - from those who are having their first interfaith experience to those who are steeped in interfaith. The purpose of this gathering is to support relationships, connections, and inspired calls to action which can then ripple out from the Parliament into hundreds of grassroots organizations, networks, and communities.
We are inspired by the hope that the 2015 Parliament is going to be truly transformative because it opens its arms to welcome the wisdom and gifts of all who attend.
You can look forward to receiving more monthly communications from us as we build the Parliament community leading up to October. We will share:
- exciting news about the program
- opportunities to get involved, connected, and engaged
- details about logistics to facilitate your planning
- special news and updates from the Salt Lake City team
What's new in January?
DEADLINE FOR PROGRAM PROPOSAL EXTENDED TO MARCH 15.
This means there is time for you to reflect , connect, collaborate, co-create and submit a great interfaith and intergenerational proposal. Keep in mind that we also welcome creative proposals offering music, drama, art and movement. Propose a program!
SUPPORT THE PARTICIPATION OF WOMEN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
To assure that the 2015 Parliament is a diverse and rich community, we are working to support populations who are frequently under-represented in these important conversations.
GLOBAL SISTERS â€“ WOMEN'S PARTICIPATION AT THE PARLIAMENT
The Parliament recently announced the launch of Global Sisters, a grassroots fundraising campaign to support our global sisters who need financial assistance to attend! Your tax-deductible donation will assure that a dynamic community of international, interfaith, and intergenerational women converges in Salt Lake City.
YOUNG PEOPLE AND EMERGING LEADERS
Pass the torch of the interfaith movement to a vibrant generation of emerging voices who are leading the charge on the critical issues facing us.
RESERVE YOUR HOUSING NOW
The Parliament has secured room blocks for attendees at a variety of hotels in Salt Lake City to meet all tastes and budgets. Make your reservations now while you still have lots of options.
SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM THE SALT LAKE CITY TEAM
The first-ever Women's Initiative for the Parliament is underway. The kick-off event in Salt Lake City gathered 60 intergenerational women, representing diverse faith traditions, backgrounds, and interests, to learn about the history of the Parliament and the 2015 Womenâ€™s Initiative. They then had the opportunity to share ideas, resources and connections with each other and the Parliament. Now these women are busy on committees, getting ready to welcome the Parliament and the world to Salt Lake City.
Watch for more news and updates in February!
The Parliament Team