|Thursday, November 12, 2015
ISAP and the Holidays
- ISAP and the Holidays
- Buddy Bidding
- PBS Bidding Checklist
- Reserve Email Notification: Incorrect Report Time
Any pairing that touches a Holiday (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve) is considered a Holiday pairing.
Holiday pairings exist in their own separate pairing pool in ISAP.
Holiday and non-Holiday pairings cannot be mixed in the same unit in ISAP. For example:
An ISAP unit to swap those pairings would not be successful even though they do overlap on the 25th because one is not a part of the Holiday pairing pool.
- 3-day pairing 50003/25Nov: touches the 25, 26, 27 = Holiday pairing
- 3-day pairing 32401/23Nov: touches the 23, 24, 25 = non-Holiday pairing
An ISAP unit to swap those pairings could be awarded if the pairing was available because they are both Holiday pairings.
- 3-day pairing 50003/25Nov: touches 25, 26, 27 = Holiday pairing
- 3-day pairing 15009/26Nov: touches 26, 27, 28 = Holiday pairing
Both pairings MUST touch the Holiday in order for ISAP to be able to award a swap.
Buddy Bidding during the Holidays can be especially difficult because of necessary critical coverage dates, different carry-in credit or vacation credit between the different buddy bidders and the required minimum line value.
If you chose to buddy bid with others during a holiday month, a few recommendations are as follows:
Any questions about Buddy Bidding can be directed to the Trainers in the Crewroom or to the FARC (480)693-8232 or (800)327-0117, option 2, 8.
- Make sure to create a large pairing pool with your bid to allow for as many pairings being awarded together as possible. This includes leaving as many days on the calendar available as possible.
- All Buddy Bidders should have a full bid in all 7 layers, which could be a “mirror bid” (meaning everyone’s bid is identical in all 7 layers). A mirror bid eliminates any confusion about who is the Initiator and who is the Follower.
- Be aware of every Buddy Bidder’s seniority during the Holiday month because the Lineholder and Reserve headcount numbers are different from previous months and all Buddy Bidders fall to the most junior person’s seniority.
- The Initiator’s badge number will always be the first number listed in the buddy bid. Double check that the correct person (the Initiator) has created the 7-layer buddy bid.
PBS Bidding Checklist
Below is a checklist that is available in the pairing packet and on Wings to help ensure accuracy in the bidding process every month. This is a great list to go through before logging out of PBS.
Reserve Email Notification: Incorrect Report Time
The Reserve Open Time Award (ROTA) Processing email sent to Reserves is incorrectly indicating a departure time instead of a report time. The correction to the email message is in testing phases. Until this is resolved, please double-check your assignment in CatCrew to confirm the correct report time.
Being Added to the Facebook Page
If you have not been added to the Tips from the JIRC Facebook page and would like to be, please email JIRC3@apfa.org with the subject line “Add to Facebook” and we will send you an invitation.
Laura Albert – PHL and DCA
Scott Barnes – PHX and the FARC (Flight Attendant Resource Center)
Emily Arner-Brown – CLT
About the JIRC:
The Joint Implementation Resolution Committee (JIRC) is a committee that was created by the current contract (the Redbook) to oversee the implementation of PBS.
APFA is a strong and independent Union comprised of 25,000 hard-working Flight Attendants of American Airlines. Like any organization, opinions and interests are varied. What makes APFA unique, though, is its highly democratic process which allows members to make their voices heard through the direct election of their Union representatives and voting power on all Constitutional changes. APFA is proud of its membership’s diversity, passion, and advocacy.