|Monday, February 13, 2017
PREVIOUSLY RELEASED: Friday, February 10, 2017
Event: APFA Valentine’s Day Picketing
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Locations & Times:
- American Airlines Headquarters - 4333 Ammon Carter Blvd, Fort Worth, TX (11:00am - 3:00pm CT)
- Charlotte/Douglas International Airport (11:00am - 2:00pm ET)
- Los Angeles International Airport, Terminal 4, Departure Level (11:00am - 3:00pm PT)
- Miami International Airport, Terminal D, Upper Level (1:00pm - 4:30pm ET)
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX - To commemorate the 4th anniversary of the announcement of the merger between American Airlines and US Airways, Flight Attendants of American Airlines represented by the Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA) will conduct Valentine's Day picketing at American Airlines Headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas as well as airports at Charlotte, Los Angeles, and Miami in protest of the broken promises made to employees and customers prior to the merger.
Unions were promised a relatively quick integration and a share in the synergies created by the merger, neither of which has happened, resulting in a substandard product for customers and a continued source of tension for front-line employees.
Some of the points of contention among Flight Attendants are:
- Record high profits and executive compensation while flight attendants lag the industry in pay
- 4 years and counting and still no fully implemented contract
- Fatigue inducing trips generated by a computerized optimizer that ignores the "human factor," affecting quality of life, health, and safety
- Uniforms that are suspected of causing serious reactions in a growing number of our members
- Frequent IT issues and meltdowns that shut down bidding and scheduling systems
- No firm timeline for integrating technical operations
"American's Flight Attendants were instrumental in making this merger possible and it’s high time that the new management team starts making good on its pre-merger promise to end the toxic labor relations and run a world class airline."
-APFA President Bob Ross
APFA is a strong and independent Union comprised of 26,000 hard-working Flight Attendants of American Airlines. Like any organization, opinions and interests are varied. What makes APFA unique, though, is its highly democratic process which allows members to make their voices heard through the direct election of their Union representatives and voting power on all Constitutional changes. APFA is proud of its membership’s diversity, passion, and advocacy.
(817) 540-0108 | www.apfa.org | 1004 W. Euless Blvd, Euless, TX 76040