Wednesday, March 9, 2016
April 2016 Bidding Information - LUS
April 2016 Pairing Percentages
April 2016 Bidding Timelines
- April 2016 Bidding Information - LUS
- Spring Forward This Weekend - LAA/LUS
- No VLOAs in May 2016 - LUS
- LOD/O Openings by Base – May 2016 - LUS
- Domicile Transfer Openings by Base – May 2016 Bid Month - LUS
: Daylight Saving Time in participating U.S. states goes into effect on Sunday, March 13
• April 2016 Training Bid Awarded: March 8 - 1400 EST/ 1200 MST
• Awards posted in CATS: March 8 - 1700 EST / 1500 MST
• April 2016 PBS Bidding Opens: March 10 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
• April 2016 PBS Bidding Closes: March 16 – 1200 EDT
/ 0900 MST
• April 2016 PBS Bids Awarded: March 18 – 1200 EDT
/ 0900 MST
• Awards posted in CATS: March 19 – 1200 EDT
/ 0900 MST
PBS Mis-awards Due to System or Company Error
• Any Flight Attendant who has an inquiry or believes she/he may have received a mis-award shall notify the Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) no later than the 1200 on the 23rd of the month, or, if on vacation, within twenty-four (24) hours of return from her/his vacation.
Electronic Trade Board (ETB)
• April 2016 ETB Opens: March 19 – 1200 EDT
/ 0900 MST
Reserve Assignment – Daily Process
• Open for April 1 Bids: March 24 – 1500 Home Base Time
• Closed for Processing: March 31 – 1500 Home Base Time
• April 1 results posted: April 1 – 1930 Home Base Time
Reserve Trading Days Off – Daily Process
• Open for April Bids: March 25 – 0600 Home Base Time
• Closed for processing: March 30 – 2000 Home Base Time
• Re-opens: March 31 – 0600 Home Base Time
Iterative Schedule Adjustment Process (ISAP) – Daily Process
• April 2016 ISAP Opens: March 25 – 0600 Home Base Time
• Closes for Processing: March 30 – 2000 Home Base Time
• April 2016 ISAP Re-opens: March 31 – 0600 Home Base Time
• May 2016 trading window closes: March 31 – 1200 EDT
/ 0900 MST
Monthly Vacation Rebid (for May 2016)
• Closes for Processing: March 10 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
• Awards Published: March 11 - 2300 EST / 2100 MST
Vacation Filler Day Process (for May 2016)
• Open for Bidding: March 11 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
• Closed for Processing: March 17 – 2400 EDT
/ 2100 MST
• Awards Published: March 18 – 2400 EDT
/ 2100 MST
Vacation Extension (VEX) Requests for May
• Opens - March 19
• Closes - March 31
Submit via VEX Form on Wings - Flight Service - Lines & Pairings (Bidding) page
A Flight Attendant who is scheduled for a continuous vacation block of at least seven (7) days, may elect to place up to a total of four (4) days off BEFORE or AFTER, or SPLIT on either side of such vacation. The days off will act as a pre-planned absence and will carry NO pay or credit. Such days off will be counted toward the Reserve’s scheduled Golden Days. Such block of four (4) days, or portion thereof, may be extended into the next bid period.
Vacation Extension Timeline, Rules and Useful Tips
Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC):
• Representatives are ready to assist! Call 480-693-8232 or 800-327-0117, option 2 then option 8
• Open 0600 – 1800 MST time, Monday through Friday and from 0600 - 1800 MST on Saturday, March 19 & Sunday, March 20
Daylight Saving Time 2016: Time to Spring Forward This Weekend - LAA/LUS
No VLOAs in May 2016 - LUS
Daylight Saving Time (DST) starts for most of the U.S. on Sunday, March 13, at 2:00 AM.
Exceptions include Arizona (except for the Navajo Nation, which observes DST), Hawaii, and the overseas territories of Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the United States Virgin Islands.
In addition to setting clocks and watches ahead one hour, check your smoke alarms this weekend.
Daylight Saving Time ends at 2:00 AM on Sunday, November 6, 2016.
There will be no VLOAs offered for LUS Flight Attendants in the May 2016 bid month.
LOD/O Openings by Base – May 2016 - LUS
The following Flight Attendant LOD/O bids are effective May 2, 2016 (May bid month).
Flight Attendants must be language-qualified at the time of this bid closing. LOD/O Request Forms
must be submitted via WINGS
by 12:00 NOON (EDT) / 09:00 (MST), Friday, March 18, 2016. Results will be posted no later than Monday, March 21, 2016.
Domicile Transfer Openings by Base – May 2016 Bid Month - LUS
The following base openings are being posted effective May 2, 2016.
Depending on the number of Flight Attendants that elect to transfer, positions may need to be back-filled as a result of the bid.
ALL requests must be submitted electronically via Wings
All transfer requests will remain on file until either awarded or retracted. If you no longer are interested in a base transfer and have a transfer request on file, that request should be retracted.
Flight Attendants wishing to change their domicile must submit a transfer form via WINGS
by 12:00 NOON (EDT) / 09:00 (MST), Friday, March 18, 2016. Awards will be posted no later than Monday, March 21, 2016. It is NOT necessary to bid all bases when submitting a transfer request.
APFA is a strong and independent Union comprised of 25,000 hard-working Flight Attendants of American Airlines. Like any organization, opinions and interests are varied. What makes APFA unique, though, is its highly democratic process which allows members to make their voices heard through the direct election of their Union representatives and voting power on all Constitutional changes. APFA is proud of its membership’s diversity, passion, and advocacy.