Monday, February 8, 2016
March 2016 Bidding Information - LUS
March 2016 Pairing Percentages
March 2016 Bidding Timelines
- March 2016 Bidding Information - LUS
- VLOA Openings - April 2016 - LUS
- LOD/O Openings by Base – April 2016 - LUS
- Domicile Transfer Openings by Base – April 2016 Bid Month - LUS
• March 2016 Training Bid Awarded: February 8 - 1400 EST/ 1200 MST
• Awards posted in CATS: February 8 - 1700 EST / 1500 MST
• March 2016 PBS Bidding Opens: February 10 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
• March 2016 PBS Bidding Closes: February 16 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
• March 2016 PBS Bids Awarded: February 18 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
• Awards posted in CATS: February 19 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
PBS Mis-awards Due to System or Company Error
• Any Flight Attendant who has an inquiry or believes she/he may have received a mis-award shall notify the Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) no later than the 1200 on the 23rd of the month, or, if on vacation, within twenty-four (24) hours of return from her/his vacation.
Electronic Trade Board (ETB)
• March 2016 ETB Opens: February 19 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
Reserve Assignment – Daily Process
• Open for March 2 Bids: February 23 – 1500 Home Base Time
• Closed for Processing: March 1 – 1500 Home Base Time
• March 2 results posted: March 1 – 1930 Home Base Time
Reserve Trading Days Off – Daily Process
• Open for March Bids: February 24 – 0600 Home Base Time
• Closed for processing: February 29 – 2000 Home Base Time
• Re-opens: March 1 – 0600 Home Base Time
Iterative Schedule Adjustment Process (ISAP) – Daily Process
• March 2016 ISAP Opens: February 24 – 0600 Home Base Time
• Closes for Processing: February 29 – 2000 Home Base Time
• March 2016 ISAP Re-opens: March 1 – 0600 Home Base Time
• April 2016 trading window closes: February 29 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
Monthly Vacation Rebid (for April 2016)
• Closes for Processing: February 10 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
• Awards Published: February 11 - 2300 EST / 2100 MST
Vacation Filler Day Process (for April 2016)
• Open for Bidding: February 11 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
• Closed for Processing: February 17 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
• Awards Published: February 18 –2300 EST / 2100 MST
Vacation Extension (VEX) Requests for April
• February 19 - 29 - Submit via VEX Form on Wings - Flight Service - Lines & Pairings (Bidding) page
A Flight Attendant who is scheduled for a continuous vacation block of at least 7 days, may elect to place up to a total of four (4) days off BEFORE or AFTER, or SPLIT on either side of such vacation. The days off will act as a pre-planned absence and will carry NO pay or credit. Such days off will be counted toward the Reserve’s scheduled Golden Days. Such block of four (4) days, or portion thereof, may be extended into the next bid period.
Vacation Extension Timeline, Rules and Useful Tips
Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC):
• Representatives are ready to assist! Call 480-693-8232
• Open 0600 – 1800 PHX time, Monday through Friday
VLOA Openings - April 2016 - LUS
The Company is projecting an opportunity to award Voluntary Leaves of Absence (VLOA) for the month of April 2016. These VLOAs may be available for the April 2016 bid month (effective April 1, 2016) in the following domiciles: CLT -- DCA -- PHL -- PHX
- Lineholders are responsible for lead in trips for the award month.
- Picking up trips via ETB is not permissible while on this leave.
- Required training scheduled for the month must be attended and will be compensated accordingly.
- Accruals for both sick and vacation will continue during the period of the leave.
- Any scheduled vacation will be paid.
- Benefits will remain active for the duration of the leave.
All VLOA requests for April 2016 must be submitted electronically via the VLOA Request Form
prior to the deadline of 12:00 Noon (EST) and 10:00 (MST), Wednesday, February 17, 2016. Awards will be posted no later than Thursday, February 18, 2016.
LOD/O Openings by Base – April 2016 - LUS
The following Flight Attendant LOD/O bids are effective April 1, 2016 (April bid month).
Flight Attendants must be language-qualified at the time of this bid closing. LOD/O Request Forms
must be submitted via WINGS
by 12:00 NOON (EDT)/10:00 (MST), Wednesday, February 17, 2016. Results will be posted no later than February 18, 2016.
Domicile Transfer Openings by Base – April 2016 Bid Month - LUS
There will be no domicile transfers for the April bid month.
APFA is a strong and independent Union comprised of 25,000 hard-working Flight Attendants of American Airlines. Like any organization, opinions and interests are varied. What makes APFA unique, though, is its highly democratic process which allows members to make their voices heard through the direct election of their Union representatives and voting power on all Constitutional changes. APFA is proud of its membership’s diversity, passion, and advocacy.