We hope you are well and had a good weekend. Further to previous updates, we are pleased to provide a report on some things CLBC has been working on over the past month.
- Board of Directors Vacancy â€“ CLBCâ€™s Board of Directors will have a position available starting July 1, 2014 and they want self advocates to consider applying for the position. Click here for more information and a summary of answers to questions people should consider if they are interested. The application deadline is April 30, 2014.
- CLBC Commitment â€“ A project we have been working on over the past year with your feedback is an official Commitment to how you can expect to be treated by CLBC at all times. As a result, CLBC's Commitment was released to our staff this month with some quality service and communication improvements focused on being more responsive to you. Click here for a summary and let us know what you think.
- CLBC Editorial Board â€“ The CLBC Commitment has benefited from a network of self advocates that participate in the Editorial Board CLBC established this year. We want to make sure your perspectives are included more in our communication and publications. The Editorial Board is a paid position for people who are eligible for CLBC services and/or a member of their family. Applications are now being accepted here until April 25, 2014.
- Self Advocate Net Update â€“ The BC Self Advocate Net has made some more great improvements to their web-site and they are looking for interesting story ideas. The web-site is safe and features current content generated by people with diverse abilities and their loved ones. Click here for a link to the refreshed web-site that includes their Facebook and twitter links. Feel free to share the link with your friends.
- South Fraser Self Advocate Conference â€“Over 80 self advocates, CLBC staff and community leaders attended the 4th annual Fraser Region Self Advocate conference in Surrey. The presenters were all self advocates ready to share their life experiences as well as talk about topics such as leadership, employment and network building. The event was captured by InCommon TV. Videos will be posted here in the coming weeks.
Feel free to share this with friends and family. As always, we welcome your thoughts on these things so email us by responding to this email or call directly to 1-877-660-2522.
Doug Woollard Jessica Humphrey
Interim CEO Self Advocate Advisor
Community Living BC Community Living BC