We hope you are well and having a good week. We are pleased to provide a report on some things CLBC has been working on in the early weeks of 2014.
- Scholarship Fund â€“ If you are eligible for CLBC services, you can apply for up to $2,500 to develop your skills or advance your education. Applications are being accepted until the end of March. For more information, CLICK HERE.
- BC Self Advocate Net â€“ BC Self Advocate Net has made some great improvements to their website and they are looking for interesting story ideas. If you have a story idea or want to check out this refreshed website for self advocates, CLICK HERE.
- Employment â€“ Speaking of great websites, here is a link to a national site dedicated to supported employment and making sure the rights of people with diverse abilities are respected at work. There is a "Job Seekers" button right on the home page which links to some great information for self advocates.
- Widening Our World (WOW) Awards â€“ Over the past month, CLBC has been presenting our annual WOW Awards to community members who have been nominated for their leadership in building inclusive communities. This yearâ€™s four WOW Award winners are:
- New Understanding Vulnerability booklets â€“ CLBC has produced a new plain language guide for self advocates around understanding vulnerability so that you can plan ahead and have a good life. Here is a link to the booklet which is now available in all CLBC offices. CLBC created the guide with the full participation of self advocates who guided content and design.
Feel free to share this with friends and family. As always, we welcome your thoughts on these things so email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call directly to 1-877-660-2522.
Doug Woollard Jessica Humphrey
Interim CEO Self Advocate Advisor
Community Living BC Community Living BC