School Updates and Final Registration Information
Dear School Families,
“God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” Psalm 73:26
This verse serves as our theme for the upcoming school year. It reminds us that our strength is not found in ourselves or from the world in which we live, but rather it comes completely from our Almighty Creator. At a time when we are searching for answers or reasoning of what is occurring around us, let us turn to the one who is control of all things. The uncertainty that we find ourselves in today is temporary but the strength that our loving God gives to us is forever. May these words bring you peace as we enter into a new and everchanging school year.
The faculty and staff continue to gear up for the upcoming school year and are looking forward to welcoming back our students on August 26. As a result of our current situation with COVID 19, the scheduled Orientation Day on August 24, will not take place.
As a result, I wanted to share a few updates on our reopening plan (ever-evolving) with you as well as share with you all the documentation that you will need to fill out and update prior to the first day of school. A complete revised Reopening plan will go out next week for you. With God’s guidance, I know we will come out of this pandemic stronger than ever.
May God continue to strengthen us each day.
Principal Steve Hennig
School Registration Items
Reopening Updates as of 8-13-20
Arrival Times & Locations
K-8 families may begin arriving by 7:30 a.m.
PreK families may begin arriving by 7:50 a.m.
Families will be assigned a morning drop-off location.
EAST entrance- Gr. 7-8
Main entrance FAR Right DOOR- Gr. 5-6
EAST entrance- Gr. 3-4
Main entrance FAR Left Door Gr. 1-2
Main entrance FAR Left Door-Kindergarten
Parents are required to remain in the parking lot until their children are cleared by screening at the entrance. For this reason please escort your children to the appropriate door but remain outside.
Face Coverings for Faculty, Staff, and Visitors
● Students that are 5 years old or older at Martin Luther will be required to wear a face-covering when in the classroom. (Not provided by the school)
● Teachers at Martin Luther will be required to wear a face-covering unless they are to maintain an adequate physical distance.
● Students will be required to wear a face-covering when they enter the building at the beginning of the school day and depart the building at the end of the school day.
● Teachers will teach students on the first day of school the proper way to wear a face covering.
● Students need to be able to put face coverings on independently.
● Students may have cloth face coverings.
● All parents, volunteers, and visitors must wear a face-covering during their visit (not provided by the school).