When Square went public, we declared that it was the end of IPOs, innovation, and VC via tweet. That tweet has been printed (in the outstanding Times of India) so guess it's true now.
On Xmas, we went on a bit of a rampage on Twitter asking your opinions on various unicorns. It started with a tweet on who is most likely to IPO and then dove into the best unicorns in fin tech, Israel, India, e-commerce (Jet did pretty well but still got 2nd place) and a variety of other areas.
This one on downrounds was interesting. Check all 8 polls out here.
Infographic or it didn't happen
Since many of you are new to this newsletter, this is a roundup of our 10 greatest infographics of 2015 as determined by page views, social shares, etc.
10. The Periodic Table Of Human Resources Tech
Our periodic tables have become our signature guides to hot industries and regions. In this one, we looked at the 120 companies, VCs, corporate investors, and acquirers defining the booming human capital management industry.
9. The Venture Capital Funnel: Your Chances Of Raising Follow-Ons, Exiting, And Becoming A Unicorn
The venture capital funnel highlights the natural selection process of the venture capital process. Three-fourths of companies are orphaned or die along the way.
8. Disrupting Food? Analyzing the Booming Food Tech Startup Landscape
A host of food tech companies are making it easier for us to stuff our faces. Here's how they stack up.
7. The Rise And Fall Of Venture-Backed News Readers In One Chart
Published this month, this quickly became one of our most-discussed graphics of the year. The graphic visualizes the venture capital funding boom to news reader apps, and the subsequent rash of acquisitions and failures.
6. The Most Active VCs In The Internet Of Things And Their Investments In One Infographic
We ranked the top VCs and corporate VC investors in the Internet of Things (IoT) and visualized their IoT portfolio companies.
5. Disrupting The Auto Industry: These Are The Startups Unbundling The Car
From on-demand repair to vehicle-to-vehicle communication, the automotive industry is changing quickly. These are some of the companies trying to improve cars and the way we drive.
4. Disrupting FedEx: The Startups Unbundling FedEx, UPS and the Logistics Industry
From Shyp to Haven to Uber, companies like FedEx and UPS are being unbundled by an army of startups.
3. The Periodic Table of Venture Capital Blogs
The 89 active bloggers in the venture capital, angel, and accelerator community you should know. This post also features our first-ever threat from a VC in the comments.
2. Disrupting Banking: The Fin Tech Startups That Are Unbundling Wells Fargo, Citi and Bank of America
Traditional banks are under attack from a number of emerging specialist startups. In November we updated this infographic, originally from May, with 30 new startups unbundling banking.
1. The Increasingly Crowded Unicorn Club In One Infographic
Probably no infographic captures the year better than this one. It visualizes the rise of today's unicorn companies since 2011 and the pile-up that we saw in 2015. Yup â€” things are getting crowded in the once-exclusive unicorn club.
P.S. Two more days left in 2015. Got budget you need to spend? Now's the time. Call me (or e-mail me).