Too many chiefs
It’s the last day of the month.
You know what that means?
Future of Fintech and Future of Insurance prices go up by $500 per ticket tomorrow.
If you like spending more money than you need to, wait 1 more day.
Follow the dollar
In Q1'19, funding to VC-backed fintech companies dipped 13% while deals held strong, up 4% from the previous quarter.
For the latest on fintech investment trends, top deals, active investors, and more, download our latest Global Fintech Report.
Chief Electricity Officers are next
We dug into the data about Chief Digital Officers and it ain’t pretty.
Yup — public companies with CDOs underperform their public market peers without CDOs.
It’s not all the CDOs' fault, of course (correlation-causation).
Clients can view our brief on the CDO trend and what's driving this underperformance here.
The brief also includes additional data on:
- What % of the S&P 500 has CDOs
- What sectors are most likely to have CDOs
Clients can read it here.
Future of Fintech agenda
Excited to share the full agenda for the Future of Fintech (June 11-13, NYC).
The agenda highlights:
- 1:1 firesides with CEOs/Founders of the top fintech companies in the world including unicorns Affirm, Palantir, Plaid, Circle, Credit Karma, Oscar Health, & Toss, and public companies LendingTree, Green Dot, Envestnet, & Citigroup
- Discussion with senior regulators, including the commissioner of the SEC and the former chair of the FDIC
- Interviews with the next gen of unicorns including Acorns, Betterment, Upgrade, Cross River Bank, Oriente, & wefox Group
- Conversations with the leading VCs including Homebrew, Ribbit, Commerce Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, & NYCA Partners
Check out the agenda here.
This is your last chance to get tickets at April prices before they increase $500 tomorrow.
Get your ticket by EOD tomorrow and save $500 with code agendafof.
Give it a try
There are many bottlenecks throughout the clinical trial process, which can keep patients from enrolling in the right trials and prevent researchers from finding enough eligible participants.
We take a look at how startups are working to streamline and reshape the $65B clinical trials market. Clients can read about it here.
Future of Insurance agenda
But wait, there’s more. Here are three new additions to the lineup for Future of Insurance (June 11, NYC):
- Former Superintendent of the New York State Department of Financial Services
- Former CEO, XL Group; Senior Advisor, AXA Group
- CEO and Founder, SafetyCulture
Check out the full agenda here.
You won’t want to miss sessions on the Future of Auto Insurance, Future of Business Insurance, Future of Cyber Insurance, & more.
Prices go up tomorrow. Save $500 with code agendafoi.
Li'l baby unicorns
Three new fintech unicorns were born in Q1'19 (N26, Chime, and Airwallex). There are now 41 VC-backed fintech unicorn companies worth a combined $154.1B.
Get more fintech investment trends in our newest Global Fintech Report.
If you build it
Technology is changing the way construction is done, from the design phase to the actual building.
From digital collaboration to drone surveying to project management, we map out 35+ companies transforming the construction value chain. Expert Intelligence clients can see them all here.
The Industry Standard
CB Insights data is the most trusted by those in the industry and the media. A few recent hits.
Fortune. Stephanie Burns (@stephanieaburns) lists the top reasons why small businesses fail and references CB Insights research.
TechCrunch. Rita Liao (@ritacyliao) reports that India has beat China to become Asia’s top fintech funding source and cites CB Insights’ Global Fintech Report.
PYMNTS. This article discusses the dip in VC fintech investing in Q1’19 and refers to CB Insights’ latest Global Fintech Report.
I love you.
P.S. Love our research? Want to join the team? We're hiring a strategic research manager.