|Hi! This month's newsletter includes an opportunity to design a recruit card or market tile for the Euphoria expansion, new art for Between Two Cities (on Kickstarter on February 25 at 9:30 am CST), future Treasure Chests (on Kickstarter in mid-April) and Scythe, as well as several other important announcements and links.
We're incredibly excited to announce that an official Euphoria expansion is in the works! Morten Monrad Pedersen, designer of the acclaimed Viticulture Automa system, will be managing and designing this project...with your help.
The original Euphoria game has 48 recruit cards and 18 markets. For the expansion, we want to add recruits and markets that we've never imagined. That's where you come in--if you have any idea for a recruit or market, you can submit it at one of the links below and join the conversation about the expansion.
If we select your recruit or market for the final game, we'll use a name and photograph you submit to inspire the art (kind of like the custom art we've offered on previous Kickstarter campaigns).
We look forward to seeing you in the forums on BGG to talk about your creative ideas. Please note that the BGG forums below are the only way to submit an idea or ask questions--please do not reply to this e-newsletter about this opportunity.
Note: The pack of 16 updated Euphoria recruits for the base game is in every Treasure Chest and will be on the BGG store this week.
Between Two Cities
Our upcoming game by Ben Rosset and Matthew O'Malley is in the final graphic-design stage. We'll be launching the campaign on Kickstarter at 9:30 am CST on February 25 (you'll get a reminder from us). There will be a retail version and a special edition available through the Kickstarter campaign, both priced at under $40.
Below you can see the city token samples we received from Panda--your votes last month helped us pick these tokens! (From left to right: St. Louis Arch, Taj Mahal, Coliseum, Obelisco [to be replaced by the Christ the Redeemer statue], Eiffel Tower, Sydney Harbor Bridge, and the Pyramids)
Treasure Chests 2-4
Thanks to the incredibly helpful feedback we've received from the original Treasure Chest backers about Scott Wadyko's sculpts for the next few Treasure Chests, we're moving forward with creating the molds for these tokens. We're hoping to run a Kickstarter campaign for the 3 new treasure chests (with bundled pricing) in mid-April.
Scythe is still in early development, but it's coming along quite well. We're working with manufacturers to make sure the components align with the design so we can stay below our target MSRP of $60. Jakub Rozalski continues to produce beautiful art for the game, some of which he shares on his Facebook page. Here's one of the more recent images:
Schedule Update for Other Products
For full details on your specific location, visit this page on our website (updated weekly).
The special metal coins from Tuscany are available from us while supplies last through our fulfillment partner, MeepleSource (or from Amazon.co.uk in the EU or Amazon.ca in Canada).
- Euphoria (2nd printing): Retail release in the US in March; already released in the EU. Previously pre-ordered copies should ship out this week. The pack of 16 updated Euphoria recruits is in every Treasure Chest and will be on the BGG store this week.
- Tuscany, Treasure Chest, Viticulture, Coins, and Stars: Early February delivery for backers/pre-orders in Germany. All other orders have been shipped. The property tile misprint stickers are available on the BGG store here.
If you're waiting for a Kickstarter reward or pre-order, you will receive an address update e-mail about a week before shipping begins, along with an e-mail confirmation with tracking when the shipment is initiated.
- Conventions: We're excited to be attending Geekway to the West in St. Louis and Gen Con in Indianapolis this year. At both conventions we'll be hearing pitches for game submissions (sign up here), running a few tournaments and events, and mostly just playing games! We hope to see you there.
- Play-and-Win: We recently created an open Google spreadsheet for conventions to post information about their play-and-win sections, which we think are a great way for conventions to help small publishers and vice versa. If you're involved with a convention that has a play-to-win section or if you're a publisher who likes play-and-win, please enter your information on the appropriate tab on the spreadsheet.
- Viticulture Rising on BGG: It's been neat to watch the positive reception to Viticulture and Tuscany. If you'd like to rate Viticulture on BGG's 1-10 scale, click here and enter a number under "your rating" (it should currently say "N/A" if you haven't already rated it).
Top 3 Most-Read New Blog Entries for January:
If you'd like to receive our Kickstarter-related blog lessons in your inbox as they're published (2 per week), click here
and enter your e-mail address on the right sidebar where it says "Subscribe to Blog via Email."
What We've Been Playing:
Yedo, Sheriff of Nottingham, Five Tribes, Eggs and Empires, Good Cop Bad Cop
If you'd like to discuss the contents of this e-mail or if I need to add/change something without resending the newsletter to everyone (i.e., confusing phrasing or a broken link), please go to this page on our website
— Jamey Stegmaier
Game Design YouTube Channel