New this week
Last time appearing in Notes
Volunteers needed for Hearing Screening 9/24
Help is needed for the annual hearing screening on Tuesday, 9/24. Karen Wong is our new speech therapist and she is looking for volunteers for two shifts - morning and afternoon. Feel free to do both! You will help her organize the kids as they come in for their screening. Please complete your volunteer paperwork if you haven't already done so before signing up. Thank you! -Cher Ann Kier, MIT Volunteer Program Manager
Fall Enrichment Enrollment Starts Sept. 16
Sign up here: this link
Fall 2019 Enrichment Class enrollment at Madrona begins at NOON on Monday, September 16th. A variety of classes are offered before and after school, as well as a Saturday Parkour class on the Madrona playground. Last day to enroll is Friday, September 27th so sign up now at 6crickets.com. Classes start the week of October 7th. Flyer is at Enrichment-Fall-2019-Flyer.pdf.
Bear Scare Is Just Six Weeks Away!
It’s less than two months until Halloween, so you know what that means. It’s time to start planning for this year’s Bear Scare!
Bear Scare is Madrona's biggest party of the year, with over 100 volunteers, and up to 1,000 students, parents, friends and family members in attendance each year. Featuring costumes, games, food, crafts, a pumpkin-carving contest, cupcake walk, haunted house, and more, it's fun for all ages, and the one Madrona event you won't want to miss!
And, for the second-straight year, we're building this year's Bear Scare from scratch in an all-new environment — and we need your help! Join us in the lounge outside the office for a planning meeting next Friday, Sept. 20, at 12:45 p.m. (just after school on the half-day), and be a part of creating an all-new Bear Scare look and layout for our beautiful new school. Whether you're crafty, artsy, or just have a lot of opinions, we WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! :)
Questions? Email this email. Or, bring them to the meeting on Friday -- Team Bear Scare will see you there! Flyer is at MeetingFlyer.jpg.
Madrona Music Shirts!
Attention Intermediate & Middle School Music Students! We are now taking orders for the Madrona Music shirt. The shirts are NOT mandatory to participate in Band or Orchestra. It is a fundraiser! The order form can be found (LINK). Checks are made out to MIT. Please turn order forms and money into the Music Booster MIT box located in Mr. Edwards' band room! The DEADLINE for all orders is Wednesday, October 9th! If you have any questions, please contact Olivia Wright at this email. Thank you! Flyer is at Madrona-Music-Order-Form-19-20-1.pdf.
Yearbook Sales start now
Skip to content
Using Edmonds School District Mail with screen readers
Messages in Scheduled will be sent at their scheduled time.
Yearbook sales begin now- special promotion!
Monica Edwards <this email>
Tomorrow, 8:00 AM
to @MA, Madrona
Send scheduled for Tomorrow, 8:00 AM
Yearbook sales are underway! There is a special promotion running until September 27th. All buyers who order by the 9/27 deadline can include up to 4 icons for free with the purchase of name stamping. This is a $12 value. All sales will be completed online through Jostens, our yearbook publishing company. Price for the book remains unchanged for the third year,- $26 for a FULL COLOR, 64 page book! Buyers will not be charged a credit card transaction, however there will be sales tax.
Sales will run throughJanuary, but there will be no sales at the end of the year. Hard copy flyers have been distributed to students. Meanwhile, attached is a flyer with links to the online purchasing site.
Attachments area Flyer is at Madrona-yearbook-sales-page-2.jpg.
MS Math Volunteers needed!
Needed: volunteers who can commit to at least one shift per week - 2:00-2:50 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday (Tuesday is covered by another volunteer) to assist Julie Gray-Dow, Middle School Learning Support Staff with running small math groups. Volunteers should be comfortable with 6/7th grade math levels. She will provide training and support. Please contact Cher Ann at this email if you are interested. Thank you!
The following efliers are obtained from this link and error can be caused by irregular format of the listed efliers. In case of error, you should help to contact Oscar at this email or (425)431-7045 and Edmonds School District to provide feedback that the format should be kept with a standard.
- Edmonds School District Equity Alliance for Achievement flier, eFlier at this link: posted 9/12/19
- Edmonds School District Family & Community Education Night, eFlier at this link: posted 9/12/19
- Edmonds School District Community Truancy Boards, eFlier at this link: posted 9/10/19
- Dale Turner Family YMCA Youth and Government, eFlier at this link: posted 9/9/19
- Sno-Isle Libraries College Planning, eFlier at this link: posted 9/13/19
- Sno-Isle Libraries Raptors, eFlier at this link: posted 9/9/19
- Girl Scouts of Western Washington Try it Out Part at Frances Anderson Center, eFlier at this link: posted 9/10/19
- Girl Scouts of Western Washington Try it Out Party at Brier, eFlier at this link: posted 9/10/19
- Girl Scouts of Western Washington Try it Out Party at Oak Heights, eFlier at this link: posted 9/10/19
- Girl Scouts of Western Washington Try it Out Party at Beverly, eFlier at this link: posted 9/10/19
- Sound FC Futsal Academy, eFlier at this link: posted 9/13/19
- Sound FC Junior Academy , eFlier at this link: posted 9/13/19
- Alderwood Boys & Girls Club Lynnwood Feeder Basketball, eFlier at this link: posted 9/10/19