We now stand firmly at the end of the Sefiras HaOmer time period. We have completed six weeks of our seven week journey.
Today is the 44th day of the Omer, and there are six days to go. Many people live these days in a regular way, and don't comprehend that the last week of the Omer is one of the most important weeks of the Jewish year. Some even compare these days to the Aseres Yemei Teshuva (Ten days of Teshuva).
Every day is loaded with powerful and significant concepts that are essential to having a meaningful Shavuos experience. We need to understand what these concepts are and how to utilize them well.
On the other hand, many of us have a regular schedule during these six days. How does one juxtapose an amazing growth time period as this, with our mundane and pressured lifestyle? This is an essential issue to understand.
The Shavuos holiday is one of the most important keys to have a successful Jewish year.
R' Aryeh Nivin has presented a drasha for the Chabura community, which deals extensively with the issues of this time period and the personal mussar we have to learn out of it.
In this lecture, we will explore the following questions:
- What is the background behind the final week of the Omer?
- How does one achieve spiritual elevation at a time that many of us are keeping our regular weekly schedule as well as being very busy preparing for the holiday?
- How do we plan properly for the next six days?
- What does it mean that on Shavuos day we marry G-d, and how do we make that practical?
- What is the inner meaning of the essence of Torah that we are striving for?
- What are the mystical secrets about the last day of the Omer?
- How do we use the day of Shavuos itself?
To access this recording for $10:
1. Click here to send an email requesting the Drasha.
2. Click here to submit your payment details.
You will receive a phone number and an access code that can be listened to multiple times. Included in this package are written notes that will be sent by email.