Our first term showed us the state of the church in the Philippines ...
Pastors are struggling because they are ill-equipped due to their lack of training OR they need to sharpen themselves with more training.
Bombarded on many sides by the needs of their members, the outreach to the lost in the community and the many battles with false teachings all around them, there are many pastors who are just overwhelmed. I have observed it firsthand.
For many the fulfillment of their calling is in jeopardy. This, of course, will effect the church and its ministry greatly.
I have sat over coffee and lunch and watched as their pain and fears have been expressed. Some have told me they want to quit, yet they know they need to carry on. They greatly desire to improve their pastoral and preaching skills. They need personal encouragement from others who understand their dilemma.
What can be done? What has to be done?!
I have determined to do all I can to help them in their dilemma to overcome, refocus and launch out again to shepherd their people and study to preach the Word.
During this furlough, I have spoken to over 15 pastors about the Truth-Bearers Project and challenged them to come over and partner with us to train these pastors and students. You can learn about that at this link to our website:
We ask you to pray for pastors, preachers and pastors-in-training in the Philippines to recommit themselves to the study and preaching of His Word alone. In this way the Lord will bring spiritual growth to His church.
As Dr. Charles Colson put it above and we know too ... The church's job is to equip the saints (Ephesians 4:12).
Our work among pastors in training advances a "ripple effect" that the Lord will use throughout the church. It will be a major key to solving the church's dilemma in the Philippines. Thanks for praying ClarkPartners!
Will you join our team as a financial partner?
Your tax deductible gifts will place us back in Manila to continue our work
Please pray in this way:
- Praise for 3 recent new monthly supporters and some one-time supporters for our Outfitting & Passage needs! ... There are others who have expressed their desire to join us as financial partners.
- Pray for the provision of more ClarkPartners in ministry to send us back at the end of March. New supporters at $25 and $50/month are needed right away!
- Pray for our return in April or May. We are definitely here in the US longer for the birth of our 3rd grandson at the end of March, yet desiring to eventually return after that. Praise the Lord for the invitation for my return to BBS&I to teach Biblical Hermeneutics among other courses and to serve on the seminary board.
- Praise too for Kim's invitation to Faith Academy again to teach math and lead discipleship.
- Faith Academy has the longest list of positions to fill ever in its 60 years of existence. Go to the FA website and pray over their list of missionary staff needs and that the Lord will provide the teachers and administrators needed: Faith Academy Needs List If you know someone who might meet the needs and serve for a school year, then please pass on to them this link.
Thanks for praying and giving ClarkPartners! The Clarks