February 1, 2016
You're invited! On February 1st, the Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality will host its 3rd annual State of the Union conference. The feature presentation: The Poverty and Inequality Report. In the 2016 report, we assess how the U.S. stacks up against peer countries on such key indicators as poverty, labor market performance, health inequality, income inequality, wealth inequality, spatial segregation, educational inequality, social mobility, and safety net performance.
For more information or to RSVP, click here.
Roster of Experts:
- Michael Hout, Professor of Sociology, New York University
- Janet Gornick, Professor of Political Science and Sociology, The Graduate Center, City University of New York; Director of LIS, Crossâ€National Data Center in Luxembourg
- Markus JÃ¤ntti, Professor of Economics, Institute for Social Research, Stockholm University
- Jason Beckfield, Professor of Sociology, Harvard University
- Katherine Morris, Doctoral Student in Sociology, Harvard University
- Timothy Smeeding, A & S Distinguished Professor of Public Affairs and Economics, University of Wisconsin
- Jonathan Fisher, Research Scholar, Center on Poverty and Inequality, Stanford University
- Gabriel Zucman, Assistant Professor of Economics, University of Californiaâ€“Berkeley
- Daniel T. Lichter, Ferris Family Professor in the Department of Policy Analysis and Management, Professor of Sociology, and Director of the Cornell Population Center, Cornell University
- Domenico Parisi, Department of Sociology and Director, National Strategic Planning and Analysis Center, Mississippi State University
- Helga de Valk, Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands, and Professor, Interface Demography, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Anna K. Chmielewski, Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy, University of Toronto
- Sean Reardon, Professor of Poverty and Inequality in Education and Professor (by courtesy) of Sociology, Stanford University
- Miles Corak, Professor of Economics, University of Ottawa, and Visiting Professor, Department of Economics, Harvard University
- Karen Long Jusko, Assistant Professor of Political Science, Faculty Affiliate of the Europe Center, and Safety Net Research Group Leader, Center on Poverty and Inequality, Stanford University
For more information about The State of the Union on Poverty and Inequality, read the 2014 and 2015 reports.