Because of you, we were able to reach thousands of Canadians to warn them about the dangers of UV exposure. We were able to let Canadians know how to stay sun safe this summer. And we were able to help hundreds of skin cancer patients from across Canada to get the treatment and support they needed.
Because of your support, we have accomplished the following over the last six months:
Together, we are stronger. Thank you.
- Helped 354 skin cancer survivors to find a community of support and care.
- Raised more than $64,000 in one day in order to Medevac a young mother dying of melanoma home in time for her son's 7th birthday, and in time for her to spend her last days with family and close friends.
- Launched a national skin cancer awareness campaign that received exposure at a recent Toronto Blue Jays game and has already had over 60,000 views on YouTube. #NotJustSkinCancer
- Raised over $15,000 at our first annual unBeach Party during Melanoma Awareness Month in May. #unBeach
- Launched 'Spotlight on Skin Cancer' webinar series - the first ever medical webinar series, for patients and medical professionals, focused on skin cancer in Canada.
- Revealed our 2016 'I'm Living Proof' survivorship PSA (public service announcement) to thousands of viewers across Canada on the Shaw network. The PSA has also received almost 600 views on YouTube.