Submitted by Margie Stackhouse, RHIA, PHIMA President
It has been an honor to be your PHIMA President for the past two years. I cannot believe how quickly time has gone by. Thank you for your confidence in me and your support. There have been many challenges, but I have a huge feeling of accomplishment and am proud to be a HIM Professional and member of PHIMA and AHIMA.
My theme for this year was “CHANGE, TRANSFORMATION, SUCCESS”. These have been years of constant change starting the AHIMA transformation, the subsequent PHIMA transformation, strategic plan updates and the COVID -19 Pandemic. I have repeatedly said that HIM Professionals are used to change and are able to adapt. As we work together, we will succeed.
Some of the successes and changes that the PHIMA Executive Committee and Board have implemented are:
I would like to leave you with this poem which has followed me throughout my HIM career and hope it will give you inspiration and support.
- Updated Strategic Plan (which includes the plan for a future virtual meeting)
- Evolved into a 2020 PHIMA Virtual Annual Conference
- Provided numerous webinars for remote education
- Adapted the AHIMA changes to the PHIMA bylaws and strategic plan
- Conducted two member surveys (environmental scans)
- Notified our Federal legislators regarding healthcare issues and voting
- Attended the virtual Advocacy Summit
- Preparation for the Fall Conference and the Annual Conference
- Participated in the AHIMA House of Delegates
To laugh often and love much
To win the respect of intelligent persons and
the affections of children
To earn the approbation of honest critics and
endure the betrayal of false friends
To appreciate beauty; To find the best in
To give one’s self; To leave the world a bit
better whether by a healthy child, a
garden patch, or redeemed social
To have played and laughed with enthusiasm,
and sung with exultation
To know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived
This is to have succeeded.
Thank you again and good luck in wherever your life and career take you.