When you get to the point that you think you have made your course selection, go through the checklist below:
1. Are you 100% interested in the subject? You will be studying it for at least three years so there is no point choosing something you don't like or enjoy!
2. Have you checked the course modules? Remember that even though the course title might be the same, the course modules will vary depending on the provider. Look into the modules in detail, and check that they cover the areas of the subject/s that you are most interested in.
3. How is the course assessed? Again this will vary with different universities. Some will be nearly all exam-based, some will be coursework-based and some will be a mixture of the two. Think about how you learn and perform best and use this to make your decision.
4. What are the course requirements? You might need to study specific A Level subjects as well get certain grades. Are you confident that you will meet these? Be realistic.
5. Will the course help you reach your career goals? Remember, you can check job profiles to see what the requirements are, such as a certain type of degree.
If you are happy with your answers to the above questions, then you have made the right decision on your course!